On this page you can find some notes / results of meetings from this Defcon Group.
SDR workshop by Eelke, Maarten and Roald on November 17th 2019
In November we had a great workshop about Software Defined Radio, with very good explanations about topics like modulation, and a hands-on part using inexpensive hardware like DVB-T USB dongles and arduino's.
Roald also published a nice article on his website about this topic: Ding Dong Ditch using SDR and Arduino
Presentation by Eelke:
Presentation by Maarten and Roald
Fuzzing workshop by Melvin on June 6th 2019
Melvin gave a really cool workshop about Fuzzing, including exercises with use of the tool AFL (http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/afl/)
Kick-off October 12th 2018
Friday October 12 we had our first DC3158 meeting at the NHL.
We talked about the following subjects.
- Purpose of the group
- Ideas / Side projects
- Hacking (including red teaming) for charity
- Participating in Hacklab.frl
- Setup a physical Lab
We also started with some knowledge sharing. Praveen presented a nice example about Attack chaining:
Notes of the meeting:
- We did rounds:
- M K : Expects offensive security : wants to know more about hardware exploitation / exploitation
- A M: Dev Engineer, ING, has strong security interest : wants to share knowledge.
- A K: Worked at security team ING : wants to learn more about security stuff
- K M: Works at E11 in Heerenveen, forensic tech, PTs, red teaming : Expects knowledge, share his own expertise.
- H W: ING security guy, PT's on APIs etc. : wants to get to know more people
- J D: Security guy, known guy from the group. Background in infrastucture, web, mobile : expects people to share their own knowledge.
- E F : Student NHL. Intern at E11. Wants to know more about Software Defined Radio. Expects to learn from each other, telling stories.
- P KSM: ING security team, we do web api pentests. Expects sharing and having a good time.
- TvdB: Works for Yacht as security consultant. Expects meetings people
- U A : Wants to set a cybersecurity group in the North, to connect people. Expects to bring a lot of people together. From there, to participate in community efforts and give back to the community. Learn from other people's research and learn new things.
- M K would like to organise sessions where people tell about problems they have had and things they were stuck on.
- T vd B would like to put a mailing list or put it on the wiki.
- M K suggests the MATRIX protocol to share information.
- U A explained what we as a group want to do.
- We do real red teams for businesses
- We want to get our own location and lab to do research.
- This means doing contributions.
- K M wants to know about liabilities,
- U A explains that we will make NDA's. We will discuss with companies about what we are going to do. We will help solve problems
- H W explained that we will get a KvK, so we can get a "get out of jail free card"
- As a group want to go CCC.
- [ Redacted ]
- T vd B says that we are welcome at Frack to host a meeting there.
- We had a talk about our cooperation with Frack
- 1520-1540 coffee break
- P KSM did a presentation about client side exploitation and chaining.